Creamy Zucchini Linguine
This is an amazing, tasty summer pasta. I make this with just the veggies, but you can easily add some chicken to this recipe.
3/4 lb linguini
4 tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp chili flakes
2-3 small zucchinis, diced
1 lemon, zested OR 2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup parmesan
salt and pepper
1. Cook linguine according to package. Make sure to salt the water! You’ll want to remove it a tiny bit before it finishes so it doesn’t overcook when mixed with the sauce at the end.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan on medium heat, then add garlic and chili flakes. Cook for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the zucchini and stir to coat the veggies.
4. Cook zucchini for about 5-7 minutes, until tender. I try to stop it a little before it seems totally cooked, because this also keeps cooking and gets a little mushy if over done.
5. Add lemon zest and stir thoroughly. Add the rest of the butter, the cream and the parmesan. Stir together and reduce heat to low.
6. Drain cooked pasta and add to sauce pan. Toss until mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Top with cheese, and enjoy!