Peanut Sauce Stir Fry
1 package of extra firm tofu (or 1 lb chopped chicken breast if desired)
12-16 oz stir fry veggies of your choice
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 can full fat coconut milk
¾ cup peanut butter
1 tsp lime juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
½ tsp sriracha sauce
Cilantro (if desired)
1. Chop tofu (or chicken) into bite-sized pieces. Heat oil over medium heat and cook for 6-7 minutes or until browned. If chicken, make sure meat is fully cooked. If tofu, add 1Tbsp of soy sauce while cooking to flavor. Set tofu/chicken aside.
2. Saute vegetables covered for 5-7 minutes until cooked but firm.
3. While veggies are cooking, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and sriracha sauce in medium bowl to make sauce. Microwave at half power for 20 seconds at a time to melt peanut butter if needed, so that peanut butter mixes adequately with the sauce. Adjust levels of soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar and sriracha to taste.
4. When veggies have cooked, add tofu/meat and sauce and stir thoroughly. Simmer on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until sauce is heated.
5. Serve over rice and top with cilantro and peanuts.